Saturday, June 9, 2012

Arrived in Atacama- Mar 2012

Just checking in, the 24 hour journey to San Pedro de Atacama is complete after a 1 hour bus ride in total darkness. I just woke up an slept well considering we are just under 9000 ft. I am getting ready to go to competitor briefing and check in. I saw a couple of other competitors with these miniature back packs. Makes me think that I brought too much food. I know that i trained a certain way an shouldnt be easily influenced, but you cant stop wondering with all the variables in a tace like this. Optional equipment such as a camera and extra food may be shed prior to the start. Today will be pretty busy so the next post will be from the cyber tent. Plan for stage #1: Use trekking poles for the first half of the stage, the run remaining half. Take care of my feet and eat every hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment