Saturday, June 9, 2012

Training Update- October 2011

Hey everybody, Thanks to all those generous people that already donated to GRASP so far. We are at $885 and trying to break $1000 before the weekend is up. If you want to donate go to: http://www.causes.com/runforgrasp and click "see the cause" to donate. Training is going good so far. The other day I decided to treat myself and ran a flat crushed gravel running path without a pack. From being in the trails so much I felt like I had rollerblades on. I averaged around 8:30-8:45 pace for the first 5-6 miles then slowed to a 9:00 for another couple. Today was a rest day but tomorrow is a tough one. I will be in Bear Mountain, NY and running 20 miles with a 15-pound pack alone since my training partner Matthew LeBow is sick. Get better Matt. Tomorrow's goal is to finish the 20 miles in 5 hours with some good elevation gains. I have done several 15-17 miles runs so jumping to 20 should not be too bad. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment