Saturday, June 9, 2012

Training Hard- Dec 2011

Training is picking up again after all the holiday feasts. I did 25k last night with a 15 pound pack and did another 25k today without a pack. I am still concerned about the altitude and have been asking some mountain climbers for some advice and reading a lot of articles. Show up 3 weeks early... show up the day before... green tea extract... altitude tent.. and the list goes on and on. After thinking about it, I will begin some interval training to increase my heart rate during training in hopes of softening the blow of 13,000 ft. If you completed the Atacama Crossing before your advice is welcome. On the logistics side, put all food and equipment in my Osprey today and came in at 23.5 pounds without water. Is that too heavy? Well with 57 days to go my motivation is growing everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment